RealClearPolicy Morning Edition
Monday, February 8Why Doesn't 4.9% Unemployment Feel Great?
- Heather Long, CNNRobert Reich Gets Broadband Wrong
- Doug Brake, RealClearPolicyObama's Gun Dealer Rule: Little Action
- Lichtblau & Shear, NYTWashington's 'Dark Matter' Regulations
- Clyde Wayne Crews Jr., RCPolicyCadillac Tax: A Crucial Tool
- Jason Furman & Matthew Fiedler, NEJMCan Economic Growth Fix Social Security?
- Johnson & Smith, UrbanHealthy Growth: Our Missing Ingredient
- Steve Chapman, Chicago TribuneFact-Checking the Eighth GOP Debate
- Eugene Kiely et al., FactCheck.orgSilicon Valley's Asian-People Problem
- Razib Khan, Unz ReviewAmerica's Lottery Addiction
- Staff, The WeekThe Port Authority Leviathan
- Seth Barron, City JournalHow Donald Trump Used Eminent Domain
- Timothy B. Lee, VoxInsurer Obamacare Losses Reach Billions
- Bruce Japsen, Forbes
Follow RealClearPolicy: Facebook
| Google Plus
Saturday, February 6The Dark Underbelly of Truck Stops
- Dan Livingston, Pacific StandardHave You Seen the Missing Workforce?
- Andrew Stettner, CenturyThe Nuances of the Ferguson Effect
- Robert VerBruggen, RealClearPolicySingle-Payer Collides With Reality
- Sally C. Pipes, The HillA 'Fundamental Right' to Own Assault Weapons
- Cristian Farias, Huff Post890 Days to Become a Barber in Nevada
- Andy Koenig, PoliticoMinimum Wage Won't Reduce Inequality
- Christos Makridis, TNRAmazon Doubles Down on Lobbying
- Andrea Peterson, Washington PostTribes Don't Get a Pass on Federal Law
- Noah Feldman, Bloomberg ViewA Weak Study on Planned Parenthood
- Michael J. New, National Review
Friday, February 5Fact-Checking the MSNBC Democratic Debate
- Kiely et al., FactCheck.orgThe State Department's Transparency Problem
- Brett Schaefer, RCPolicySegregation Forever?
- Adia Harvey Wingfield, The AtlanticWhen Minimum Wage Surged in Six Cities
- Jed Graham, IBDRegulate Homemade Weapons
- Rep. Mike Honda, The HillA Carbon Tax on Meat?
- Niina Heikkinen, Scientific AmericanPuerto Rico Tries to Plunder Washington
- John Gray, Conservative ReviewThe Case for 'Race-Conscious' Policies
- Sawhill & Reeves, BrookingsWhat Unions Don't Do for the Middle Class
- Diana Furchtgott-Roth, NRWill Our Children Not Know Growth?
- Lawrence Summers, Prospect (UK)Obama's 'Cadillac Tax' Changes
- Paul N. Van de Water, Huffington PostWhat Good Are Private Insurers?
- Christopher Flavelle, Bloomberg ViewThe CDC's Bad Messaging on Pregnancy and Alcohol
- Aaron Carroll, TIEUniversal Pre-K Is Overrated
- Kevin Huffman, Washington Post
Thursday, February 4There Was No 'Libertarian Moment'
- Ramesh Ponnuru, National ReviewRacial Wealth Gap: Radical Solutions
- Steve Phillips, The NationColleges Fail Two-Thirds of Students
- Preston Cooper, RealClearPolicyUnderstanding America's Opioid Crisis
- Livia Gershon, Pacific StandardGOP Congress' Budget Hits Reality Hard
- John R. Graham, RealClearPolicy
The ACA and Employment - Garrett & Kaestner
| Antos & CaprettaMaking Both Parties Happy Through the ACA
- Newt Gingrich, Wash PostAmericans Want Limits on Their Presidents
- Jeff Stein, VoxUnemployment System Not Ready for a Recession
- Ben Casselman, 538Bank Rules Need Cost-Benefit Test
- Eric Posner, Bloomberg ViewMeet Your Unauthorized Government
- Danny Vinik, PoliticoSome Context For Blood Lead Levels in Flint
- Kevin Drum, Mother Jones
Wednesday, February 3Cruz Kills the Ethanol Lobby
- Timothy P. Carney, Washington ExaminerHow a Calif. City Saved Its Schools
- Lillian Mongeau, Hechinger ReportDoes the Retirement System Screw the Poor?
- Robert VerBruggen, RCPUnemployment: The Fate of Poor Black Boys
- Gillian B. White, AtlanticThe Gender Commute Time Gap
- Mark J. Perry, AEIWhy Medicare Is a Lousy Drug Negotiator
- Margot Sanger-Katz, NYTDoes the Sanders Health Plan Add Up?
- CRFBCosby Could Dodge Charges on a Technicality
- Allie Conti, ViceThe American Dream Has Not Been Stolen
- Michael Gerson, Wash PostObama's Hidden Climate Leverage
- Brian Potts, PoliticoA False Debate on Homelessness
- Amien Essif, JacobinConservative Case for Campaign Finance Reform
- Richard Painter, NYT
Tuesday, February 2Why Detroit's Teachers Are Suing
- Kristina Rizga, Mother JonesObamacare: 2016 and 2017
- Robert Graboyes & Brian Blase, RealClearPolicyPlanned Parenthood and Citizen Journalism
- Colb & Dorf, CNNWhy Open Enrollment Stalled
- Robert Laszewski, HCPMRBlack America and the Class Divide
- Henry Louis Gates Jr., NYTThe Renewables Revolution Is Unstoppable
- Joe Romm, ThinkProgressKy. Should End All Ties to Obamacare
- Nina Owcharenko, Daily SignalJust Give Welfare to Everyone
- Jeff Spross, The WeekHow the Government Would Negotiate Drug Prices
- Shih et al, HALet's Kill All the Mosquitoes
- Daniel Engber, SlateReforming Oversight of Medical Devices
- Chad Terhune, KHNUnlock the Set-Top Box Market
- Tom Wheeler, Re/codeThe Science of Liberty
- Arnold Kling, Library of Economics & LibertyIs the TPP Good for America?
- Simon Johnson, Project Syndicate
Monday, February 1D.C. Is in Denial About Citizens United
- Eisen & Penniman, RCPolicyObamacare Pummels an Insurer
- Chris Conover, ForbesIs Single Payer a Pipe Dream?
- David Atkins, Washington MonthlyPredictive Policing Has Arrived
- David Black, City JournalSocialism Isn't Just More Government
- Chris Maisano, JacobinThe New Hampshire Primary Has Got to Go
- Dylan Matthews, VoxIs Rising Violence a 'Ferguson Effect'?
- Steve Chapman, Chicago TribuneVirginia's Small Improvement on Gun Policy
- Editorial Board, Wash PostIf the House Wins Its ACA Lawsuit
- Jed Graham, Investor's Business DailyThe Problem With 'Uber for Welfare'
- Jeff Spross, The WeekIs Innovation Over?
- Tyler Cowen, Foreign AffairsTallying the Costs of Open Carry
- Matt Valentine, The Atlantic
Saturday, January 30How Millionaires Get Obamacare Subsidies
- Dan Mangan, CNBCThe Frustrating Truth About Obamacare
- Jeffrey Young, Huffington PostRaising the Retirement Age Is a Terrible Idea
- Michael Hiltzik, LATIs Raising the Retirement Age Regressive?
- Andrew G. Biggs, AEIBernie Sanders Takedowns Fall Flat
- Ryan Cooper, WeekThe Wrong Kind of Universal Basic Income
- Shannon Ikebe, JacobinWhy We Need Historic Districts
- Justin Davidson, New YorkEnd Historic Preservation Districts
- Kriston Capps, CityLabThe Problem With the Ethanol Mandate
- Margo Oge, New York TimesEconomic Growth Isn't Everything
- Noah Smith, Bloomberg ViewIs Your State Prepared for a Recession?
- Erick M. Elder, InsideSourcesWe Need Poverty-Based Affirmative Action
- Harold O. Levy, Wash Post
Friday, January 29Fact-Checking the Republican Debate
- Eugene Kiely et al., FactCheck.orgA Case for Flat Consumption Taxes
- David R. Burton, RealClearPolicyThe Next Flint
- Jake Blumgart, SlateUniversal Basic Income: The Hard Questions
- Scott Winship, ForbesThe Prosecution of Melissa Click
- Garrett Epps, The AtlanticRape, Retribution, and 'Missoula'
- Barry Latzer, City JournalThe Fed and the Great Recession
- Mike Konczal, Roosevelt InstituteCheap Oil Isn't Bad for the Environment
- Froma Harrop, CreatorsHow to Make Free Trade Really Work
- Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, The WeekEconomics in the Age of Abundance
- J. Bradford DeLong, Project SyndicateSpend Less on Seniors' Health Care
- Stuart Butler, InsideSourcesAn Upbeat Economic Story
- Robert Samuelson, Washington PostThe Disastrous New Urban Agenda
- Stephen Eide, Commentary