RealClearPolicy Morning Edition
Friday, October 31The NYT's Low Bar for Obamacare Success
- Merrill Matthews, Forbes
Are ACA Opponents Cherry-Picking History? - Sen. Harkin et al.
| AdlerMarriage, Inequality Go Well Together
- Philip N. Cohen, Family InequalityThe Renegade Ebola Nurse
- Russell Berman, The AtlanticGDP Data: The Details Are Telling
- Nick Bunker, Equitable GrowthThe Erosion of Federal Statistical Agencies
- Groves & Prewitt, Roll CallCandidates, PACs Skirt the Law
- Roarty & Goldmacher, National JournalMedicaid Expansion Limits Medical Choices
- Jeffrey A. Singer, IBDThe Case for Selling Air Rights
- Scott Beyer, Pacific StandardWhere Does the Creative Class Move?
- Richard Florida, CityLabHalloween Is Sweet for Sugar Moguls
- de Rugy & Castillo, RCMCalifornia's Carbon Market Is Leaking
- David Roberts, GristHow Capitalism Spreads the Wealth
- Iain Murray, The Freeman
Follow RealClearPolicy: Facebook
| Google Plus
Thursday, October 30I'm a Health Economist and Can't Pick a Health Plan
- Austin Frakt, NYTAlbany Albatross: New York's Tax Burden
- E.J. McMahon, City JournalBlack Kids' Schools: Segregated by Poverty Too
- Reed Jordan, RCPolicyHere's What 'Racial Discrimination' Means
- Garrett Epps, The AtlanticInequality Does Not Reduce Prosperity
- Scott Winship, Economics 21Building Resilience From the Community Up
- Greta Byrum, RealClearPolicyThe Police Pay Gap
- Seth Freed Wessler, NBC NewsPension Regulators Need More Data
- Alicia H. Munnell, MarketWatchA Simple Plan to Reduce ER Visits
- Jason Millman, Washington PostMaking Sense of 'Yes Means Yes'
- Sherry F. Colb, VerdictMethanol, the Fuel in Waiting
- William Tucker, RealClearPoliticsPayday Lenders: The New Loan Sharks
- Susanne Soederberg, Jacobin
Wednesday, October 29Why Has Violent Crime Declined?
- Heather Mac Donald, Daily SignalAre Economists Ready for Redistribution?
- Mark Thoma, Fiscal TimesA Voter ID Myth Crashes
- Mona Charen, CreatorsEd Gillespie's Credible Obamacare Alternative
- James Capretta, RCMSeven Democrats' Plan to Make Obamacare Cheaper
- Ezra Klein, VoxThe Fight Over GMO Labeling
- Hemphill & Banerjee, RealClearPolicyCommon Core: Mapping the Future of Testing
- Emmeline Zhao, RCEFHA Policies Discourage Density
- Scott Beyer, GoverningDoctors Should Be Regularly Drug-Tested
- Editors, Scientific AmericanAre Large Cities Less Green?
- Rebecca Tuhus-Dubrow, Next CityOffshore Wind Power: Promising but Complicated
- John Cleveland, RCPWhat Could the Fed Do to Address Inequality?
- Room for Debate, NYTOur Incoherent Copyright Law
- David Post, Volokh Conspiracy
Tuesday, October 28Detroit's Bankruptcy: What You Need to Know
- Danielle Kurtzleben, VoxThe New Digital Intellectual Property Enforcer
- Mytheos Holt, RCPolicyWhy Has Wage Growth Stagnated?
- James Sherk, The FederalistChimps and Why We Need Personhood for All
- Barbara J. King, TimeDo Kids Get an 'Intact-Family Premium'?
- Robert VerBruggen, RCPolicyIs the Affordable Care Act Working?
- Margot Sanger-Katz et al., NYTHow Garbage Can Power Cities
- Sarah Laskow, Next CityChicago's Anti-Homeless Measures: A Comic
- Holliday & Hibdon, CityLabAmerica's Crony Capitalism Challenge
- Desmond Lachman, The AmericanWith Disability Benefits Running Out, What to Do?
- Henry Aaron, RCMAn Interview With Edward Snowden
- vanden Heuvel & Cohen, The NationA U.S.-China Climate Pact Isn't Impossible
- Rebecca Leber, New RepublicGreat Recession: Have We Come Back Yet?
- Ben Steverman, Bloomberg
Monday, October 27The Fast and Furious Cover-up
- John Hinderaker, PowerLineHow Medicaid Expansion Is Faring
- Robert Pear, New York TimesCalifornia Could Lose a Generation of Doctors
- Zachary Skaggs, RCPolicySan Francisco's Absurd Rent Ordinance
- Debra Saunders, SF ChronicleOur Many 'Diversity Problems'
- Lawrence Siskind, To Put It BluntlyHow Self-Driving Cars Will Change Infrastructure
- Adam Ozimek, ForbesThe 'Birthright Citizenship' Debate
- The Editors, LA TimesProject 'Truthy': Chilling Free Speech
- Andrew Napolitano, CreatorsRIP, NYC's Middle Class
- Joel Kotkin, New York Daily NewsCollege Should Start Senior Year of High School
- Libby Nelson, VoxIllinois: The Dangers of Democratic Rule
- Steve Chapman, Chicago TribuneTaking the Carbon Out of Coal
- Robert VerBruggen, RealClearPolitics
Saturday, October 25Could Non-Citizens Decide the Election?
- Richman & Earnest, Wash PostThe Republican Poll Tax Agenda
- Jonathan Chait, New York MagazineSocial Security Gets Harder to Secure
- CRFBThe (Laudable) New Eugenics
- Ronald Bailey, ReasonTrailer Parks: Underdog Housing Crisis Solution
- Alana Semuels, CityLabMedicaid Expansion: Beyond a 'Private Option'
- Christine Vestal, StatelinePharma Pays $825M to Doctors and Hospitals
- Niam Yaraghi, BrookingsData Is Transforming Cities
- Aaron M. Renn, City JournalThe Politics of Inequality
- Sean McElwee, DemosGun Control: Canada vs. the U.S.
- Dylan Matthews, VoxDoes Amazon's Monopoly Really Matter?
- Megan McArdle, BloombergVirginia's Disenfranchisement Problem
- Erica Hellerstein, ThinkProgress
Friday, October 24The Geography of Joblessness
- The EconomistReplacing the ACA: What Women Want
- Grace-Marie Turner, RCPolicyThe Police Are Still Out of Control
- Frank Serpico, Politico MagazineObama, the Veto-Less President
- Paul Waldman, The American ProspectWhy Public Pensions Go Unfunded
- Iliya Atanasov, Public Sector Inc.Building Roads Just Makes People Drive More
- Joseph Stromberg, VoxRegulators' New Mortgage Rule
- Norbert Michel, Daily Signal'Obscene Celebrity': Trampling Prisoner Free Speech
- Seth Ferranti, ViceOur Criminally Unfair Organ Transplant Law
- Fry-Revere & Donadio, TNRHow Cops Are Beating Crime in Camden
- Jim Epstein, ReasonColleges Let Sexual Predators Slip Away
- Tyler Kingkade, Huffington Post'Forbearance': The FCC's Net Neutrality Tool
- Nancy Scola, Wash PostTesla: Detroit Fights Innovation Again
- The Editors, Bloomberg View
Thursday, October 23'Copper Plans' Won't Fix Obamacare
- Ramesh Ponnuru, Bloomberg ViewHow Insurers, Businesses Duck the ACA
- Tara Culp-Ressler, ThinkProgressThe Millionaire Explosion
- Robert Samuelson, Washington PostA Constitutional Congress?
- Christopher DeMuth Sr., Weekly StandardBlended Families Pose Challenges for States
- Teresa Wiltz, StatelineTexas and Voter ID: SCOTUS Got It Wrong
- Andrew Cohen, LA TimesThe Poll Tax That Wasn't
- Rich Lowry, Politico MagazineOur Disturbingly Segregated Schools
- Janie Boschma, National JournalThe CDC's New Ebola Plan
- Jonathan Cohn, The New Republic
For Whose Jobs Will the Robots Come First? - Jordan Weissman
| Adam OzimekThe Seeds of a New Labor Movement
- Harold Meyerson, American ProspectEssays on Character and Opportunity
- Reeves et al., Brookings InstitutionNet Neutrality and Pro-Competition Regulations
- Timothy B. Lee, Vox
Wednesday, October 22The Case for Soaking the Rich
- Bryce Covert, ThinkProgressInheritance and Inequality
- Edward N. Wolff, Project SyndicateRich Whites Try to Secede From Baton Rouge
- Diana Eromosele, The RootObamacare Continues To Hurt Employment
- John R. Graham, Daily CallerMedicaid Expansion and the ACA: Separable?
- Jason Millman, Wash PostPolice Killings, Race, and Age
- Robert VerBruggen, RealClearPolicyAre Mass Shootings on the Rise?
- Dylan Matthews, Vox
Gay Marriage: Sex Discrimination? - Sherif Girgis
| Ilya SominIntroducing the 'Quantified Community'
- Brian Libby, CityLabEducation: Stuck in the Manufacturing Age
- Joan Duffell, Pacific StandardSolutions to the Retirement Non-Crisis
- Andrew Biggs, RCMThe New Challenge to Market Democracies
- William A. Galston, BrookingsVisa Ban: Better Than a Travel Ban
- Emma Roller, National Journal
Tuesday, October 21We Need a Constitutional Right to Vote
- Matthew Yglesias, VoxGay Marriage and the Secular Inquisition
- Rob Tracinski, The FederalistWhy Atlantic City Is Dying
- George Anastasia, Politico MagazineIs Obamacare Really 'Paid For'?
- Robert E. Moffit, The HillYes, the Fed Can Reduce Inequality
- Jared Bernstein, Washington PostYellen Shouldn't Focus on Inequality
- Diana Furchtgott-Roth, MarketWatchManaging Water for the Future
- Sarah Goodyear, Next CityHow to Compare Productivity With Compensation
- Scott Winship, ForbesIs There Hope for W.Va. Without Coal?
- Jeff Young, GristWe Need 'Altruism Exchanges' for Kidneys
- Eric Posner, SlateDeath With Dignity: The Least Slippery Slope
- Froma Harrop, CreatorsNew York's Goldman Sachs Deal
- Iliya Atanasov, Public Sector Inc.