RealClearPolicy Morning Edition
Monday, April 21How Detroit Found a Pot of Gold
- Dan Kadlec, TimeWhy Are Health Costs Rising Again?
- Jonathan Cohn, The New RepublicThomas Piketty's Inequality Death Spiral
- Scott Winship, ForbesFifteen Years After Columbine
- Ben Dreyfuss, Mother JonesThe U.S. Isn't Falling Behind in the STEM Race
- Michael Teitelbaum, LATThe Domestic Violence Support Gap
- Dara Lind, VoxTreat Wage Theft as a Crime
- Catherine Rampell, Washington PostWhat's Wrong with Victims' Rights?
- Steve Chapman, Chicago TribuneThe Truth About Chicago's Crime Rates
- Bernstein & Isackson, ChicagoAbout That Gender Confidence Gap
- Mollie Ziegler Hemingway, FederalistOccupational Licensing Is Replacing Unions
- Evan Soltas, VoxFew Stay in the Top 1 Percent for Long
- Mark Rank, New York TimesHow to Tax High-Frequency Trades
- Steven Rosenthal, Tax Policy Center
Follow RealClearPolicy: Facebook
| Google Plus
Friday, April 18Texas's 'Impossible' $10,000 Degree
- Thomas K. Lindsay, RealClearPolicyHow Well Does College Pay?
- Matthew M. Chingos, Brookings InstitutionFree Market Reforms for Obamacare
- Yevgeniy Feyman, DC ExaminerObamacare Doomsayers Were Wrong
- Jonathan Chait, New York MagazineDid We Shovel $8 Billion to Insurers?
- Seth Chandler, ACA Death SpiralThe Simple Reason Why Obamacare Succeeded
- Sarah Kliff, VoxAn Unfolding ACA Fiscal Disaster
- Charles Blahous, e21Fighting Climate Change Isn't Cheap
- Bjørn Lomborg, Project SyndicateTaxing Solar Energy Is a Terrible Idea
- John Aziz, The WeekGive Charter Schools a Chance
- Kingsland & Whitmire, USA TodayStruggles of the Short-Term Unemployed
- Mike Konczal, Next New DealHow People Calibrate Their Fear of Crime
- Harry Enten, FiveThirtyEightThe Resegregation of Southern Schools
- Nikole Hannah-Jones, Atlantic
Thursday, April 17The Foreclosure Crisis Has Ended
- Tim Cavanaugh, National Review OnlineMichael Bloomberg vs. the NRA
- Robert VerBruggen, RealClearPolicyMore Encouraging Obamacare News
- Jonathan Cohn, The New RepublicUnder ACA, Working More Could Cost You Money
- Meyer & Russell, e21Are Health Costs Growing Quickly Again?
- Sarah Kliff, VoxThe False Promise of Single Payer
- Sally C. Pipes, New York PostPredicting How Long Unemployment Will Last
- Ben Casselman, 538Detroit's Generous Pension Deal
- Walter Russell Mead, American InterestThe Racial Divide of Pollution
- John Upton, Pacific StandardBringing Hidden Taxes Into the Open
- Casey B. Mulligan, New York TimesIs There Really a Heroin Epidemic?
- David J. Krajicek, The Crime ReportDebating the Common Core
- Joy Pullman & Mike Petrilli, The FederalistKeystone Report: Hidden Dangers
- Sen. Whitehouse & Rep. Waxman, CNN
Wednesday, April 16A Better Way to Pay Federal Pensions
- Rich Tucker, RealClearPolicyWSJ's Misleading Defense of the Rich
- Jordan Weissmann, SlateThe ACA Didn't Slow Health Cost Growth
- Tom Liu, Incidental EconomistNew York's Bold Move on Patient Protections
- Chris Kardish, GoverningTaxing the Sharing Economy
- Dan Rothschild, Public Sector Inc.Blame the Government for Heartbleed
- Julia Angwin, ProPublicaDe Blasio's Policing Test
- Heather Mac Donald, City JournalCan Home Visits Improve Parenting?
- Conor Williams, Washington MonthlyWhat the Data Say About Fracking's Risks
- Terry Anderson, Defining IdeasPaid Sick Days: A Backgrounder
- Jessica Harris, On LaborWhy Student Loans Are Getting More Expensive
- Libby Nelson, VoxThe Most Recent Data on Hate Groups
- Christopher Ingraham, Wash Post
Tuesday, April 15A Sadder and Poorer Tax Day
- Grover Norquist, Washington TimesUncluttering State Tax Systems
- Will Marshall & Paul Weinstein, RCPolicyCan Sebelius's Replacement Corral Health Cost?
- Peter Orszag, BloombergAdmit It, Conservatives: Obamacare Is Working
- Ezra Klein, VoxThe Doctor Won't See You Now
- Joel Zinberg, City JournalNew CBO Report Is a Good Sign for Obamacare
- Jonathan Cohn, TNRThe Importance of Men's Income
- Natalie Scholl & Brad Wilcox, AEIdeasUnemployment Cuts Aren't Prodding People to Work
- Ben Casselman, 538The Shortage of Female Confidence
- Katty Kay & Claire Shipman, AtlanticWhere the Educated Are Most Segregated
- Richard Florida, Atlantic CitiesThe Danger of All-Powerful Mayors
- Joel Kotkin, New GeographyIn High-Poverty Schools, Give Everyone Free Lunch
- Becca Segal, CBPPThe Policy Behind an Armed Standoff
- Peter Weber, The Week
Monday, April 14The Upside to Taxes: Inequality Insurance
- Robert J. Shiller, NY TimesIs There a Way Out of Taxifornia?
- Joseph Fleming, RealClearPolicyThe Absurdities of the IRS
- Aparna Mathur, The AmericanRefusing to Expand Medicaid Kills People
- Brian Beutler, New RepublicThe Next Obamacare Disasters
- Betsy McCaughey, New York PostDiversity Won't Drive the Country Rightward
- Ben Wrobel, ThinkProgressThomas Piketty's Path to Poverty For the Masses
- Jeffrey Dorfman, RCMWhat Drives Growth in Inequality?
- Jared Bernstein, On the EconomyUnemployment and the Idleness Trap
- Robert Samuelson, Washington PostOur 18-Year Recession
- Anthony B. Sanders, Confounded InterestJustice Stevens's Constitutional Amendments
- Scott Lemieux, ProspectTen Welfare Reform Lessons from New York City
- Robert Doar, NRO'Pay Secrecy': Often Illegal, and Misunderstood
- Tom Dreisbach, NPR
Saturday, April 12The Overblown IRS Scandal
- Alec MacGillis, The New RepublicIncome Tax: Ten Things to Fix
- Chris Edwards, The Daily CallerThe Long-Term Effects of Tax Policies
- Alan Viard, The AmericanFix Social Security: A Millennial's Case
- Brian Lamberta, Next New DealTroubling New Data for Obamacare
- Seth Chandler, ACA Death SpiralSebelius Resigned Because Obamacare Won
- Ezra Klein, VoxVt.'s Single Payer: Taxpayer Nightmare
- Megan McArdle, Bloomberg ViewGentrification's Hidden Sweetheart Deals
- Sally Kohn, SalonGetting to Know the Real Fargo
- Joel Kotkin, New GeographyPutting a Price on a Human Life
- Uwe Reinhardt, New York TimesA Look at Germany's Apprenticeship Model
- Nancy Cook, National JournalThe Decline of School Integration in Buffalo
- Mark Byrnes, Atlantic CitiesA Chance for a Highway Trust Fund Fix
- Eric Pianin, The Fiscal Times
Friday, April 11Single Mothers and Inequality: The Link
- Mian & Sufi, House of DebtHow Many People Are Insured Thanks to the ACA?
- German Lopez, VoxIs Kathleen Sebelius Obama's Rumsfeld?
- Jeremy Lott, RareSebelius Leaves Behind More Than a Website
- Jonathan Cohn, TNRGOP Budget Puts Trust in the American People
- Rep. Paul Ryan, CNNIs the Clean Coal Hype Justified?
- Max Ehrenfreund, Washington PostHow Factories Explain the Pay Gap
- Evan Soltas, Bloomberg ViewUnanswered Questions About the Common Core
- Frederick Hess, AEIdeasHow Important Is Tax Simplicity?
- Howard Gleckman, Tax Policy CenterTrigger-Happy Cops Make Unhappy Citizens
- The EconomistThe Rise of Concentrated Poverty
- Paul Jargowsky, Century FoundationGovernment vs. Charity Reconsidered
- Howard Husock, ForbesDid Cutting Unemployment Grow the Workforce?
- Matt Phillips, QuartzHow Immigration Complicates Racial Justice
- Asad Asad, Pacific Standard