RealClearPolicy Morning Edition
Monday, April 20California Is So Over
- Joel Kotkin, The Daily BeastIs Support for Income Redistribution Falling?
- John Cassidy, New YorkerWhy We Let Prison Rape Go On
- Chandra Bozelko, New York TimesWhen Cops Check Facebook
- Meredith Broussard, The AtlanticThe Incredible Shrinking Deficit Is No More
- Joseph Lawler, DC ExaminerInside Wisconsin's 'John Doe' Investigations
- David French, NROne Gun's Deadly Path
- Amanda Milkovits, Providence JournalReligious Liberty and Feeding the Homeless
- Bryce Covert, ThinkProgressGay Marriage Bans: Sex Discrimination
- Koppelman & Somin, USA TodayCommon Core Critics Are Loud But Losing
- Alan Greenblatt, GoverningA Trade Deal That Threatens the States
- Eric Schneiderman, PoliticoDeepwater Disaster: Five Years Later
- Frances Beinecke, Huffington Post
Follow RealClearPolicy: Facebook
| Google Plus
Saturday, April 18Raising the Median Wage
- Jared Bernstein, Washington PostSteak Ban: Double Standard for the Poor?
- Robert VerBruggen, RCPolicyMurky Laws on Free-Range Kids
- Amanda Kolson Hurley, CityLabThe Constitution Protects Free-Range Parents
- Ilya Somin, VolokhJust How Racist Are Schoolteachers?
- Julia Lurie, Mother JonesIn Obamacare, Competition Costs Consumers
- Peter Ubel, ForbesCharter Schools Won't Solve Segregation
- Matt Bruenig, DemosCalifornia's Drought of Common Sense
- Steven Greenhut, ReasonShould California Stop Growing Almonds?
- Eric Holthaus, SlateThree Charts Explain the Student Loan Mess
- Noah Smith, BloombergGSEs Restart Affordable Housing Programs
- Elizabeth MacDonald, FoxCan 'Grit' Save American Education?
- Rachel M. Cohen, American Prospect
Friday, April 17The New Campus Thought Police
- Joan W. Scott, The NationWho Gets Marriage Bonuses and Penalties?
- Amanda Cox, New York TimesMixed Income Housing: Bad for Poor Kids?
- Candice Odgers, ConversationBusting Three Myths About Public Housing
- Jake Blumgart, Next CityWhy Are the Exchanges Such a Mess?
- John C. Goodman, ForbesImproving the Earned Income Credit
- Mike Cassidy, Century FoundationU.S. vs. U.K. Cops: Killing, Being Killed
- Jay Livingston, Pacific StandardChris Christie's Tilt at Social Security
- Charles Lane, Washington PostCheap Coal Is a Lie
- Al Gore & David Blood, The GuardianGet Your 2014 Federal Taxpayer Receipt
- Ashleigh Axios, White HouseDoes Poverty Spending Subsidize Employers?
- Adam Ozimek, Moody'sToo Vague to Be Constitutional
- Garrett Epps, The Atlantic
Thursday, April 16The Obamas' Tax Return and the 2 Percent
- Roberton Williams, TaxVoxReturning to the Exurbs
- Teresa Wiltz, StatelineLegalizing Free-Range Parenting
- Naomi Schaefer Riley, Family StudiesHigh Deductibles, Narrow Networks: Good?
- Uwe Reinhardt, ForbesDoc Fix May Hit a Wall: Doctors
- Megan McArdle, Bloomberg ViewIs the Doc Fix Bad News for Obamacare?
- Sam Baker, National JournalDoctor Pay Reform: Moving Forward
- Stuart Guterman, CommonwealthAll Pay Raises Are Not Created Equal
- Pincin & Brenberg, RealClearPolicyThe Big Problem With the IRS
- Gerri Willis, RealClearPoliticsIn Defense of Marco Rubio's Tax Plan
- James Pethokoukis, The WeekWhen Campaign Funds Go to Defense Lawyers
- Gerald Skoning, AmSpecFederal Obstinacy on Marijuana
- Steve Chapman, Chicago Tribune
Wednesday, April 15Raise Our Taxes, Please
- Danny Vinik, New RepublicEstate Tax Repeal: Windfall for the Wealthiest
- Chuck Marr, RCPolicyRepeal the Estate Tax
- Lewis K. Uhler et al., Investor's Business DailyLearn Self-Control, Stay Off the Dole
- Tom Jacobs, Pacific Standard
What's Behind the Gender Pay Gap? - Andrea Flynn
| Ashe SchowWhite House's Gift to Big Labor
- Bill McMorris, Washington Free BeaconCreate Multiple Tax Refund Days for the Poor
- Alan Berube, BrookingsThe Worst Tax Breaks
- Room for Debate, New York TimesNo Child Left Behind and Wishful Thinking
- Michael J. Petrilli, FordhamLiberty and Discrimination: Utah's Compromise
- Stuart Adams, L of L&LCoal Is Dying and It's Never Coming Back
- Tim McDonnell, Mother JonesDon't Forgive Student Loans
- Abigail R. Hall, InsideSourcesWhen Working Won't Get You Off Welfare
- Emily Badger, Wash PostA Smarter Way to Pay Doctors
- Peter R. Orszag, Bloomberg View
Tuesday, April 14The Biggest Tax Breaks
- Drew DeSilver, Pew Research CenterChris Christie Takes On Entitlements
- Michael Tanner, RealClearPolicy'Cadillac Tax' Comes to College Campuses
- John Rosenberg, Fiscal TimesRadio Stations May Have to Pay to Play
- Kaveh Waddell, National JournalProgressive States, Regressive Tax Codes
- Josh Harkinson, Mother JonesThe Case for Driverless Trains
- Eric Jaffe, CityLabNet Competition, Not Net Neutrality
- Christopher Sprigman, BloombergCutting SNAP Costs Jobs
- Melissa Boteach, Center for American ProgressThe Fund Managers' Tax Break
- Dean Baker, TruthoutConfronting the Criminal Justice Crisis
- Gov. Nathan Deal, Huffington PostWomen Preferred 2:1 in Academic Science Jobs
- Alex Berezow, RCScienceEnter the Reform Conservatives
- Michael Gerson, Washington Post
Monday, April 13The 1 Percent Are Parasites
- Andrew Sayer, SalonPension Debt: No Bonus for Taxpayers
- Steven Malanga, City JournalWind Power Costs More Than You Think
- Randy Simmons, ConversationLimiting the Food Stamp Shopping List
- Rod Kackley, PJ MediaCan Liberals Do Family Values?
- Emily Cadei, USA TodayDeath Sentences for Drug Crimes
- Andrew Gargano, RealClearPolicyAssisted Suicide: Civil Rights for the Affluent
- Debra Saunders, SF ChronPolice Shootings: Prosecutions Rare
- Kindy & Kelly, Washington PostThe Trouble With Megaprojects
- Jacques Leslie, New YorkerReform the Rules That Govern Congress
- Michael Golden, RealClearPoliticsPsychiatry Is Failing the Mentally Ill
- Shannon Pettypiece, BloombergDon't Ban Powdered Alcohol
- Baylen Linnekin, Reason
Saturday, April 11Did Minimum Wage Kill Seattle Restaurants?
- Alan Pyke, ThinkProgressChicago's Day of Reckoning
- Andrea Riquier, Investor's Business DailyWhere the White People Live
- Alana Semuels, CityLabWhen Cops Cry Wolf
- Frank Serpico, Politico MagazineGaming Out King v. Burwell
- Charles Blahous, Economics 21Where Government Excels
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesRepublicans Are Poised to Raise Spending
- Chris Edwards, Cato InstituteTax Credits: A Bad Way to Promote College
- D. Douglas-Gabriel, Wash PostThe Patent Explosion
- Eli Dourado, Mercatus CenterDoes Government Crowd Out Private Charity?
- Jordan Weissmann, SlateA Carbon Tax Grand Bargain
- Neil King Jr., Wall Street JournalThe State-Level Future of Health Reform
- Eric Schnurer, The Atlantic
Friday, April 10Ten Government Handouts to the Rich
- Badger & Ingraham, Wash PostWe Must Prepare for King v. Burwell
- Jeffrey Anderson, Weekly StandardAutomatic (IRA) for the People
- Daniel Biss, Weekly WonkThe GOP's 'Gotcha' Abortion Question
- Tara Culp-Ressler, ThinkProgressMichael Slager and the Presumption of Innocence
- Charles Cooke, NRThe Dubious Ethics of Conversion Therapy
- Tom Jacobs, Pacific StandardA Murderer's Free Sex-Change Operation
- Mark Pulliam, City JournalSpeed Limits: 25 Is Far Safer Than 35
- Bill Lindeke, Streets.MNThe End of Asymmetric Information?
- Tabarrok & Cowen, Cato UnboundIRS Underfunding Puts Tax Compliance at Risk
- Howard Gleckman, TPCCongress Is 'Unproductive'? Good.
- Veronique de Rugy, CreatorsDeferred Action for Federal Accountability
- Michael Greve, Library of L&L