RealClearPolicy Morning Edition
Thursday, April 24The Stealthy Obamacare Menace
- Lanhee Chen & James Capretta, WSJWhat if Bipartisan ACA Fixes Were Possible?
- Billy Wynne, Health AffairsACA Marketplace Observations
- Robert Laszewski, Health Care BlogShould We Engineer Sexual Orientation?
- Alice Dreger, Pacific StandardThe Racism and Sexism of College Faculty
- Robert VerBruggen, RCPolicyWhy Colleges Must Be Race-Conscious
- Julianne Hing, The GuardianRace Matters, but Less Than It Did
- John McWhorter, TimeCan Unions Save Atlantic City?
- Jake Blumgart, ViceThe White House Is Afraid of Big Ag
- Ezra Klein & Michael Pollan, VoxSome Americans Lack Indoor Plumbing
- Christopher Ingraham, Wash PostThe Importance of Inequality of Wellbeing
- Mian & Sufi, House of DebtWhy Recidivism Is So Common
- Scott Shackford, ReasonThe Privatization Backlash
- Molly Ball, The Atlantic
Follow RealClearPolicy: Facebook
| Google Plus
Wednesday, April 23An Easy Decision on Racial Preferences
- Ilya Shapiro, Cato InstituteThe Changing Politics of Affirmative Action
- Nora Caplan-Bricker, TNRDo Americans Love Affirmative Action?
- Robert VerBruggen, RCPolicyWhy Scalia Defended a Drug Dealer
- Michael Brendan Dougherty, WeekThe U.S.'s Twelve Best Government Programs Ever
- Peter Schuck, SlateHow the ACA Could Collapse
- Amity Shlaes, National Review OnlineOpenly Carrying Guns: A Debate
- Wilkinson & Pierce, Bloomberg ViewDetroit Missed a Reform Opportunity
- Shikha Dalmia, ReasonThe Revolt of the Cities
- Harold Meyerson, The American Prospect
Aereo: Absurdity or Innovation? - Kevin Roose
| Derek KhannaCan the Gender Gap Be Solved?
- Kay Hymowitz, The Daily BeastAmerican Labor Law Is Broken
- Lydia DePillis, Washington PostCan We Help Low-Performing High Schoolers?
- Michael Petrilli, FordhamGay Marriage, Freedom to Dissent: We Need Both
- Jonathan Adler et al.
Tuesday, April 22America's Unique Class War Over Spending
- Larry Bartels, Wash PostThe Case Against the ACA, Restated
- Jay Cost, The Weekly StandardEconomic Policy, Post-Piketty
- Dean Baker, Huffington PostAgainst Piketty's Global Wealth Tax
- Tyler Cowen, Foreign AffairsGentrification: More Than Just Real Estate
- Jim Russell, Pacific StandardStudent Loan Forgiveness: The Problem
- Sophie Quinton, National JournalOur Hidden Affirmative Action for Whites
- Edmund Zagorin, ProspectThe Misinformed War on Common Core
- Charles Sahm, The Daily BeastWhy Corporations Don't Do the Right Thing
- Christine Bader, The AtlanticNew ACA Numbers: Good and Bad
- Megan McArdle, Bloomberg ViewNot Expanding Medicaid Won't Kill People
- Linda Gorman, NCPANo, Inequality Is Not Good for the Economy
- Matthew Yglesias, Vox
Monday, April 21How Detroit Found a Pot of Gold
- Dan Kadlec, TimeWhy Are Health Costs Rising Again?
- Jonathan Cohn, The New RepublicThomas Piketty's Inequality Death Spiral
- Scott Winship, ForbesFifteen Years After Columbine
- Ben Dreyfuss, Mother JonesThe U.S. Isn't Falling Behind in the STEM Race
- Michael Teitelbaum, LATTreat Wage Theft as a Crime
- Catherine Rampell, Washington PostWhat's Wrong with Victims' Rights?
- Steve Chapman, Chicago TribuneThe Truth About Chicago's Crime Rates
- Bernstein & Isackson, ChicagoAbout That Gender Confidence Gap
- Mollie Ziegler Hemingway, FederalistOccupational Licensing Is Replacing Unions
- Evan Soltas, VoxFew Stay in the Top 1 Percent for Long
- Mark Rank, New York TimesHow to Tax High-Frequency Trades
- Steven Rosenthal, Tax Policy Center
Friday, April 18Texas's 'Impossible' $10,000 Degree
- Thomas K. Lindsay, RealClearPolicyHow Well Does College Pay?
- Matthew M. Chingos, Brookings InstitutionFree Market Reforms for Obamacare
- Yevgeniy Feyman, DC ExaminerObamacare Doomsayers Were Wrong
- Jonathan Chait, New York MagazineDid We Shovel $8 Billion to Insurers?
- Seth Chandler, ACA Death SpiralThe Simple Reason Why Obamacare Succeeded
- Sarah Kliff, VoxAn Unfolding ACA Fiscal Disaster
- Charles Blahous, e21Fighting Climate Change Isn't Cheap
- Bjørn Lomborg, Project SyndicateTaxing Solar Energy Is a Terrible Idea
- John Aziz, The WeekGive Charter Schools a Chance
- Kingsland & Whitmire, USA TodayStruggles of the Short-Term Unemployed
- Mike Konczal, Next New DealHow People Calibrate Their Fear of Crime
- Harry Enten, FiveThirtyEightThe Resegregation of Southern Schools
- Nikole Hannah-Jones, Atlantic
Thursday, April 17The Foreclosure Crisis Has Ended
- Tim Cavanaugh, National Review OnlineMichael Bloomberg vs. the NRA
- Robert VerBruggen, RealClearPolicyMore Encouraging Obamacare News
- Jonathan Cohn, The New RepublicUnder ACA, Working More Could Cost You Money
- Meyer & Russell, e21Are Health Costs Growing Quickly Again?
- Sarah Kliff, VoxThe False Promise of Single Payer
- Sally C. Pipes, New York PostPredicting How Long Unemployment Will Last
- Ben Casselman, 538Detroit's Generous Pension Deal
- Walter Russell Mead, American InterestThe Racial Divide of Pollution
- John Upton, Pacific StandardBringing Hidden Taxes Into the Open
- Casey B. Mulligan, New York TimesIs There Really a Heroin Epidemic?
- David J. Krajicek, The Crime ReportDebating the Common Core
- Joy Pullman & Mike Petrilli, The FederalistKeystone Report: Hidden Dangers
- Sen. Whitehouse & Rep. Waxman, CNN
Wednesday, April 16A Better Way to Pay Federal Pensions
- Rich Tucker, RealClearPolicyWSJ's Misleading Defense of the Rich
- Jordan Weissmann, SlateThe ACA Didn't Slow Health Cost Growth
- Tom Liu, Incidental EconomistNew York's Bold Move on Patient Protections
- Chris Kardish, GoverningTaxing the Sharing Economy
- Dan Rothschild, Public Sector Inc.Blame the Government for Heartbleed
- Julia Angwin, ProPublicaDe Blasio's Policing Test
- Heather Mac Donald, City JournalCan Home Visits Improve Parenting?
- Conor Williams, Washington MonthlyWhat the Data Say About Fracking's Risks
- Terry Anderson, Defining IdeasPaid Sick Days: A Backgrounder
- Jessica Harris, On LaborWhy Student Loans Are Getting More Expensive
- Libby Nelson, VoxThe Most Recent Data on Hate Groups
- Christopher Ingraham, Wash Post
Tuesday, April 15A Sadder and Poorer Tax Day
- Grover Norquist, Washington TimesUncluttering State Tax Systems
- Will Marshall & Paul Weinstein, RCPolicyCan Sebelius's Replacement Corral Health Cost?
- Peter Orszag, BloombergAdmit It, Conservatives: Obamacare Is Working
- Ezra Klein, VoxThe Doctor Won't See You Now
- Joel Zinberg, City JournalNew CBO Report Is a Good Sign for Obamacare
- Jonathan Cohn, TNRThe Importance of Men's Income
- Natalie Scholl & Brad Wilcox, AEIdeasUnemployment Cuts Aren't Prodding People to Work
- Ben Casselman, 538The Shortage of Female Confidence
- Katty Kay & Claire Shipman, AtlanticWhere the Educated Are Most Segregated
- Richard Florida, Atlantic CitiesThe Danger of All-Powerful Mayors
- Joel Kotkin, New GeographyIn High-Poverty Schools, Give Everyone Free Lunch
- Becca Segal, CBPPThe Policy Behind an Armed Standoff
- Peter Weber, The Week
Monday, April 14The Upside to Taxes: Inequality Insurance
- Robert J. Shiller, NY TimesIs There a Way Out of Taxifornia?
- Joseph Fleming, RealClearPolicyThe Absurdities of the IRS
- Aparna Mathur, The AmericanRefusing to Expand Medicaid Kills People
- Brian Beutler, New RepublicThe Next Obamacare Disasters
- Betsy McCaughey, New York PostDiversity Won't Drive the Country Rightward
- Ben Wrobel, ThinkProgressThomas Piketty's Path to Poverty For the Masses
- Jeffrey Dorfman, RCMWhat Drives Growth in Inequality?
- Jared Bernstein, On the EconomyUnemployment and the Idleness Trap
- Robert Samuelson, Washington PostOur 18-Year Recession
- Anthony B. Sanders, Confounded InterestJustice Stevens's Constitutional Amendments
- Scott Lemieux, ProspectTen Welfare Reform Lessons from New York City
- Robert Doar, NRO'Pay Secrecy': Often Illegal, and Misunderstood
- Tom Dreisbach, NPR